Thursday, September 13, 2007

9/5/2007

The first day of class some of the many types of Regions were introduced to the class. we learned about what is Religion, the Eastern Religion, Western and insiders and outsiders understanding of it. I learned that Religion is to worth ship to practice rituals and ceremonies to belief in a high power of some kind. I also learned the different types of communities like Sect(religion not jet accepted, they have a few followers), cults(small group), congregations (large groups), denominations( large groups).
We sad in groups to discuss the each person point of view and what religion meant to us at the time. I was a pretty nice discussion because there are students that belong to certain religions and they explained why do they follow it, and the importance of following it. Well I ended the class with some basic knowledge of some Religion.

No comments: